Residential Garbage Service
County Waste and Recycling provides residential garbage and recycling services to municipalities, single-family homes, and homeowner associations across the Capital Region. We strive to provide safe, dependable and cost-effective garbage and recycling collection services to all of our customers.
Christmas Tree Pick-Up Schedule 2022
|Municipalities||Dates of Collection||Date Trees MUST Be Out By||Who Recieves This Service|
|Town of Ballston||January 14th||Thursday, January 13th 2022||All Town Residents|
|Town of Clifton Park||January 10th - January 15th||Sunday, January 9th 2022||All Town Residents|
|Town of Glenville||January 17th - January 21st||Sunday, January 16th 2022||County Waste Customers Only|
|Town of Halfmoon||January 10th & 11th||Sunday, January 9th 2022||County Waste Customers Only|
|Town of Schaghticoke||January 10th||Sunday, January 9th 2022||All Town Residents|
|Town of Wilton||January 19th||Tuesday, January 18th 2022||County Waste Customers Only|
For residents we also offer Residential Roll Off Dumpster Rentals.
Residential Trash Service
New County Waste and Recycling residential customers receive a 35-gallon, 65-gallon or 95-gallon trash cart. The carts provide a safe and secure place for residential waste between pickup dates and the large wheels make it easy to roll carts to and from the end of the driveway.
|Collection Frequency||Weekly, Every Other Week|
|Cart Sizes - GRAY LID
||35, 65 or 95 Gallon|
|Service Area||Service Area Map|
Residential Garbage Carts
35 Gallon Trash Cart
65 Gallon Trash Cart
95 Gallon Trash Cart
Yard Waste Collection
|Area||Dates||Pick up day|
|Clifton Park||4/12- 11/30||Monday, Tuesday, Friday|
|Town of Ballston||4/21- 11/26||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Town of Charlton||4/22 - 11/25||Thursday|
|"Ballston Lake (pays taxes to Clifton Park)"||4/19- 11/30||Monday, Tuesday, Friday|
|"Ballston Lake (pays taxes to Town of Malta or Town of Ballston)"||4/21 -11/25||Wednesday, Thursday|
|"Ballston Lake (pays taxes to Town of Charlton)"||4/22 - 11/25||Thursday|
|"Ganesvoort (pays taxes to Town of Wilton or on W1209 route)"||4/21 -11/24||Wednesday|
|Glenville||4/19 - 11/30||Monday - Friday|
|"Town & Village of Schaghticoke"||4/19 - 11/29||Monday|
|Ballston Spa||4/22 - 11/25||Thursday|
|Rexford||4/19 - 11/30||Monday, Tuesday|
|Burnt Hills||4/22 - 11/25||Thursday|
|Rennselaer Co||4/19 - 11/30||regular trash day|
|Saratoga Springs||4/19 - 11/30||regular trash day|
|Halfmoon||4/19 - 11/30||Monday, Tuesday|
|Stillwater||4/19 - 11/30||regular trash day|
|"Mechanicville (pays taxes to Halfmoon or Stillwater)"||4/19 - 11/30||regular trash day|
|Town of Colonie||Town of Colonie does pick up in town/city|
County Waste and Recycling strives to assure the complete safety of our customers, our employees and the public in all our operations.
5 Steps to Safe & Efficient Collection
- Place only acceptable materials in the trash cart and do not overfill.
- Bag and tie all garbage materials AND close the lid to prevent littering.
- Place the carts at the end of your driveway the night before your collection day.
- Space carts for safe and efficient collection. (see diagram)
- After cart is emptied, remove from driveway.
When you and your neighbors place carts a safe distance from other carts and objects, it allows the auto side load trucks to safely and promptly empty the carts.
Why Cart Spacing Matters
- The 18’ height spacing is needed to reduce overhead hazards like powerlines and trees.
- The 3’ cart spacing is needed to accommodate the auto load system.
- The 5’ distance is needed to safely empty the cart near trees, cars, mailboxes, etc.
When each household consistently follows the 5 Steps to Safe & Efficient Collection everyone benefits with:
- Timely Service
- Cleaner Neighborhoods
For safety, environmental and legal reasons, only place approved non-hazardous, solid wastes out for County Waste & Recycling collection.
Our Waste Wizard, available below and via the County Waste App, make it easy to look up any item for proper handling: trash cart, recycling cart, special bulk pickup or special drop off.
Acceptable Trash Cart Materials
- Cardboard, dirty, greasy or wet
- Clothes, shoes, boots
- Clothes hangers
- Dog or other small pet waste, double bagged
- Food-to-go containers
- Garden hoses
- Household trash, solid waste, non-hazardous
- Paper, soiled, greasy or wet
- Plastic bags, plastic film
- Plastic 6-pack holders
- Styrofoam egg cartons, cups, plates
- Styrofoam packing materials
- Twine, cord, rope, chain
When residential customers have items too large to fit inside their cart and close the lid, they can request a bulk pickup. A list of common bulk items is listed below. County Waste & Recycling also offers roll off containers for large house, garage or yard cleanout jobs and home remodel and construction projects.
- Call or email days in advance to schedule a bulk pickup (see chart below)
- Describe the type and quantity of materials for collection, costs will vary
- Bulk pickups are normally scheduled on the customer’s normal collection day.
|Normal Collection Day||Request Bulk Pickup By|
Acceptable Bulk Pickup Items
- Barbeque (no propane tanks)
- Carpet & underpadding
- Flooring (linoleum)
- Lawn mower, non-riding (gas and oil removed)
- Mattress / Box Spring
Thank you for taking steps to make residential trash collection safe and efficient for you, your neighborhood and community.